Need Help?
Legislation for unaccompanied minors
Update in Progress

Specific regulations apply to children entering or leaving their countries who are traveling unaccompanied or who are accompanied by only one parent or legal guardian, or by someone who is neither.

Minors in these situations need certified authorization from their parents or legal guardians to leave their countries. Before booking and issuing a ticket for a minor, make sure all the legal requirements for travel are met!


Minors leaving Portugal

Under Portuguese law, minors of Portuguese nationality and foreign minors living legally in Portugal wishing to leave the country and traveling alone must present a notarized written consent to travel signed by one or both parents/legal guardian(s). If traveling accompanied by an adult other than a parent or legal guardian, the written consent must identify her/him. 

For further details check the website of the Portuguese border authorities - SEF - Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras -

Minors entering Portugal

In order to enter Portugal, foreigners under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or have someone in Portugal with authorization from their parents or legal guardians to take responsibility for them during their stay.

Couldn't find what you were looking for?
Try other support topics
Couldn't find an answer to your question?Send your question / request to TAP's helpdesk